Hornitos BLACK BARREL 750ML
Hornitos BLACK BARREL 750ML
Hornitos Black Barrel Tequila: A Symphony of Sophistication
The Pinnacle of Aged Tequila
- Award-Winning Excellence: Hornitos Black Barrel, our most highly awarded tequila, is a testament to the mastery of tequila-making. Aged as a premium Añejo and undergoing additional maturation, it epitomizes excellence in every bottle.
- Aged to Perfection: The initial aging process in deeply charred oak barrels for four months imparts a rich, smoky flavor and a captivating golden amber color, setting the stage for a tequila experience.
A Fusion of Rich Flavors
- Oaky Elegance: The oaky-vanilla notes, combined with spicy pepper and smoky hints, create an aroma that is as inviting as it is complex. This aromatic journey is the prelude to the rich flavors that define Hornitos Black Barrel.
- Complex Taste Profile: The inviting and intricate blend of agave and woody notes, seamlessly interwoven with vanilla and citrus, creates a flavor profile that is both sophisticated and accessible. It's a tequila that appeals to connoisseurs and casual enthusiasts alike.
A Finish that Lingers
- Lasting Impressions: The clean, smooth finish with slightly lingering notes of caramel, wood, sugars, and oak leaves a memorable impression. It's a finish that satisfies and invites contemplation and appreciation.
- Versatile Enjoyment: Whether enjoyed neat, on the rocks or as the cornerstone of an elegant cocktail, Hornitos Black Barrel is as versatile as it is exquisite, making it the perfect choice for any occasion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is all your inventory online?
We try to keep the store as updated as possible, but we always get new shipments. So if you don't see what you are looking for, send an email, and we'll check to see what Moose is hiding in the back room.
What is the difference between Tequila & Mezcal?
Tequila is a type of mezcal, much like how scotch and bourbon are types of whiskey.
Tequila and mezcal are both types of agave-based spirits that are popular in Mexico, but there are some key differences between the two. Tequila is made exclusively from the blue agave plant, which is primarily grown in the area surrounding the city of Tequila, about 40 miles northwest of Guadalajara. Mezcal, on the other hand, can be made from any type of agave plant, and is often made using traditional, labor-intensive methods.
One of the most noticeable differences between tequila and mezcal is their flavor. Tequila is typically smooth and subtle, with hints of fruit and spices, while mezcal has a more complex, smoky flavor that comes from the roasting of the agave hearts before they are fermented and distilled.
Another difference between the two spirits is their production process. Tequila is typically made using modern industrial methods, while mezcal is often produced using traditional techniques that have been passed down for generations. This can give mezcal a more authentic, artisanal character.
In general, tequila is considered to be a more refined and sophisticated spirit, while mezcal is often viewed as a more rustic and traditional drink. Both are popular in Mexico and are enjoyed around the world, so the best way to decide which one you like is to try them both and see which one suits your tastes.
Where do you ship to?
Currently, we only ship within California.
Our rates are applicable for orders up to six bottles.
Please contact us directly to calculate bulk shipping options.
California Proposition 65 Warning
Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects.
For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.